Identify market opportunities and advise on pricing and promotion of an organisation's products or services.
Roles and responsibilities
Specialised roles include brand manager, category manager, product manager or sales promotion officer.
- plan, develop and organise advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advise executives and clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, create consumer awareness and effectively promote the attributes of goods and services
- interpret and predict current and future consumer trends
- research potential demand and market characteristics for new goods and services and collect and analyse data and other statistical information
- undertake market research to identify market opportunities for new and existing goods and services
- advise on all elements of marketing such as product mix, pricing, advertising and sales promotion, selling and distribution channels
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics
Postgraduate Courses To Become
The University of Western Australia