Roles and responsibilities
As a web developer, you may find opportunities not only in IT-specific industries but also many industries requiring IT expertise. With experience, there are also opportunities for self-employment.
- talk with clients, and discuss ideas to get a clear understanding of their requirements
- develop website content
- manage the image and copyrights of the company on the internet
- decide on the design aspects of the website, such as how to use graphics, links and forms
- make sure that text and graphic elements mesh together as a cohesive, eye-catching work
- develop custom programs to extend the functionality of websites
- talk with writers, designers, system administrators and other IT staff to make sure the website will fulfil its purpose
- maintain or update the website once it is completed by adding new content, illustrations or features
- coordinate other people, such as designers and writers, to help maintain the website.
Postgraduate Courses To Become
Postgraduate study is not necessarily required for this occupation, but may be helpful for career advancement.
The University of Western Australia