How to Apply
Early childhood educators play a critical role in preparing young children for lifelong learning, personal wellbeing and participation in society. At UWA you'll gain valuable practical experience in partner schools and work with lecturers who integrate theory and practice across various areas. Through placements in schools, students experience teaching classes and complete their studies job-ready. Staff are highly regarded for the quality of teaching and experiences offered to students and our graduates are in demand from local, national and international employers.
You can pursue a Master of Teaching (Early Childhood) at UWA after completing a bachelor's degree with a major relevant to one or more learning areas in the early childhood curriculum. Studying teaching at UWA enables you to work at schools in Australia and overseas and in centre-based early childhood education and care settings.
Pathways for mature-age students
Direct Pathways for high school leavers
- BA + MTeach (Early Childhood)
- BBiomedSc + MTeach (Early Childhood)
- BCom MTeach (Early Childhood)
- BSc + MTeach (Early Childhood)
- BPhil (Hons) + MTeach (Early Childhood)
- ATAR only (subject to meeting prerequisites)
- Any major relevant to one or more learning areas in the early childhood curriculum. Speak with a Future Student Adviser to ensure you have selected an appropriate major/s.
- Completion of a UWA bachelor’s degree with a WAM of 60 and appropriate prerequisite units as advised by the Faculty.