How to Apply
You can pursue a Doctor of Medicine (MD) at UWA via a Direct Pathway after completing a bachelor's degree in any discipline. If you are not completing a Direct Pathway, you can apply to study Medicine by completing a bachelor's degree after high school and meeting the standard graduate entry requirements.
- have a minimum GPA of 5.5 from the most recent three years (FTE) of valid study
- sit the GAMSAT and obtain a suitable score
- attend an interview (which must be undertaken in Perth and in person) and
- meet English language competency requirements
Pathways for mature-age students
Direct Pathways for high school leavers
- 99.00 (High Academic Achievement quota)
- 96.00 (Broadway, International or Rural quotas)
- UWMDB (Biomedical Science Direct Pathway)
- UWMDP (Philosophy [Honours] Direct Pathway)
 This pathway is also available through the Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours). Students applying for this pathway via the BPhil must satisfy admissions requirements for both the BPhil and the Direct Pathway, and should also include a preference for the Direct Pathway via Biomedical Science.
- BBiomedSc + MD
- BPhil (Hons) + MD
- Three-year bachelor's degree plus a three-year master's degree (four years for standard graduate pathway). Bachelor of Philosophy students will take an additional year to complete this pathway.
- Opportunities are available for students from High Achievement, Broadway, Rural and Indigenous entry paths to apply for a Direct Pathway place to the Doctor of Medicine (places are limited). The number of places is subject to review each year.
- Aptitude test (UMAT); interview; academic performance (ATAR or equivalent)
- Completion of a UWA bachelor’s degree with a minimum Faculty GPA of 5.5 in three years (four years for students undertaking an honours year)