How to Apply
Secondary teachers are tasked with educating the next generation of business people, leaders and members of society. UWA is committed to producing graduates of the highest calibre who provide inspired teaching and visionary educational leadership into the future. You can pursue a Master of Teaching (Secondary) at UWA after completing a bachelor's degree in any discipline. Studying teaching at UWA enables you to work at schools in Australia and overseas.
Pathways for mature-age students
Direct Pathways for high school leavers
- BA + MTeach (Secondary)
- BBiomedSc + MTeach (Secondary)
BCom + MTeach (Secondary)
- BSc + MTeach (Secondary)
- BPhil (Hons) + MTeach (Secondary)
- ATAR only (subject to meeting prerequisites)
- Any major relevant to one or more learning areas in the secondary school curriculum.
- Completion of a UWA bachelor’s degree with a WAM of 60 and appropriate prerequisite units as advised by the Faculty.
 This pathway is also available through the Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours). Students taking this pathway require an ATAR of 98.00.
 Bachelor of Philosophy students will take an additional year to complete this pathway.