There are various fees associated with college living that you’ll need to be aware of.
Find general information and a summary of our residential colleges' fees below.
Residential college one-off registration fee
A one-off registration fee of $125 must be paid when you submit your application to live at a UWA residential college.
Payment is made as part of the online application process and is non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of your application.
Payment methods include:
- Credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
- Debit card (Visa or MasterCard)
If you have any questions regarding the registration fee, email UWA Student Residences or telephone (+61 8) 9488 0920.
College fees and charges
College fees generally include:
- fully catered accommodation, including up to 21 meals per week
- a private, single bedroom with bed, desk and storage
- shared bathroom facilities (some rooms have ensuite bathrooms)
- access to onsite facilities such as college libraries, study rooms, common rooms and recreation spaces
- extra academic services such as tutorials, as well as pastoral care and some sporting and social events
Refer to the detailed fee and charges schedule provided by each college:
Number of weeks in a standard year
The academic year comprises two 17-week semesters with a five-week break mid-year. Each college designates their own weeks of residency. The number of weeks in the standard year fee varies between colleges. Students can apply to stay for extra days or weeks at various times for a nominal daily or weekly rate.
All first-year college students undertake one extra week at college to participate in Orientation Week. Refer to the respective college website for details.
Some additional charges, such as parking, are applicable at some colleges. Refer to the respective college website for details.