Produce artistic media, direct artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports, music, information and events on television and radio.
Roles and responsibilities
There are many opportunities in this creative field, with tasks that can include the following:
- manage artistic and media productions to meet quality, cost and timing specifications
- formulate and develop an organisation's artistic policies and select and plan an organisation's artistic programs
- hire and manage artistic staff
- control the use of media production facilities such as studios and editing equipment, stage and film equipment and rehearsal time
- direct the formulation of media production strategies, policies and plans
- introduce programs, music, entertainment items, guests and celebrities
- prepare and read news bulletins, make special announcements and provide commentary for sports and other events
- present opinions on sports, politics, and social and economic matters
- research, investigate and compile stories and programs
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics
Postgraduate Courses To Become
Postgraduate study is not required for this occupation, but may be helpful for career advancement.
The University of Western Australia