Applying for inbound exchange or study abroad

You can study at UWA as an exchange or Study Abroad student for one or two semesters.

Applying is easy!

If UWA has an exchange agreement with your home university, you do not need to pay tuition fees to UWA. If your home university does not have an agreement or no longer has exchange places available, you can still come to UWA as a fee-paying Study Abroad student. You can also attend UWA as a Study Abroad student if you have completed high school abroad, but have not yet enrolled in university.

If you're unsure if your university has an exchange agreement with UWA, contact us to find out.

Before you apply, check the entrance requirements.


Study Abroad (not Student Exchange) students, or their sponsors, must pay tuition fees to UWA.

Tuition fees are calculated based on your enrolment. Please indicate when accepting your offer whether you will be enrolling in three or four units. A standard full-time enrolment load at UWA is 24 points. The fees below relate to Semester 2, 2017 enrolments.

Tuition fees for 18 points:

  • AUD$9937.50 per semester or
  • AUD$19,875 per year

Tuition fees for 24 points:

  • AUD$13,250 per semester or
  • AUD$26,500 per year

Extra points will lead to extra fees being charged on a pro-rata basis.

Students studying across two academic years (for example, Semester 2, 2016 and Semester 1, 2017) may be charged different fees for each semester.

  • Semester 1 (February–June): Nominations by 15 November. Application and documents are due by 30 November.
  • Semester 2 (July–November): Nominations by 30 April. Application and documents are due by 31 May.

Late applications will be considered if there is enough processing time available.