Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level with a postgraduate degree and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Postgraduate - fee paying students
Annual course fees are calculated based on a standard annual study load of 48 credit points.
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(2) Applicants must be eligible for provisional registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, which includes meeting the Board's English language registration standard.
Applicants must ask two academic referees to provide reports using the National Online Referee System. Ensure you give your referees enough notice to meet the deadline. This system is the same across all Australian universities. To be able to use the system, you will need to have an active subscription. The subscription allows you to access the service during the intake period. The cost is $25 and can be paid for through the 'My account' section in the payment tab of the National Online Referee System.
Applicants must also provide the following information with their application:
• Brief personal statement outlining the reasons for applying for the program (maximum of one page).
• Curriculum vitae summarising any occupational or practical experience of relevance to the program.
• Names and contact details (telephone numbers and email addresses) of the two nominated academic referees that will be completing the referee report.
Ranking and Selection Process
(a) a satisfactory personal statement, as recognised by UWA;
(b) two satisfactory referees, as recognised by UWA;
(c) a curriculum vitae summarising relevant occupational and practical experience, as recognised by UWA;
(d) an interview in which eligible applicants will be assessed based on the personal qualities considered desirable in psychology with invitation to attend the interview based on 5(a), (b) and (c) and the interview quota for that year;
(e) the intake quota for that year.
Course-specific English competency
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
About The Course
- Available 2019
- Semester 1
- Please refer to the UWA handbook.
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.