Fairway UWA is a program that provides students completing Year 12 under difficult circumstances with an admission pathway to UWA.
Fairway UWA is an admission entry pathway and comprehensive support program for students completing Year 12 under challenging circumstances. The program provides academic, financial and personal support, and it is responsive to individual student needs, throughout their final year of secondary school and during their university studies.
How it works
Successful completion of the Fairway UWA program provides an admission entry pathway to any of our three-year undergraduate degree courses with an ATAR of 70+ (10 marks below the standard UWA cut-off ATAR of 80).
- an engaging program of activities and workshops that provide insight into the UWA experience
- guidance in applications and study options
- access to WACE revision and online tutoring
- opportunities to make new friends, meet inspiring student mentors and learn more about the future courses you could study at UWA
- support in transition to UWA and throughout the duration of your studies at UWA
This program is open to all students from any school in the state who can demonstrate financial hardship. It is available to Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia, New Zealand citizens or holders of an Australian Humanitarian visa.
You are eligible to apply if :
- your family receives certain Commonwealth income support payments, or
- you can demonstrate financial hardship, and
- you are in Year 11 studying at least four WACE subjects and have a predicted ATAR of 65 or above
Additional reasons you might apply include:
- an unsupportive study environment
- excessive family responsibilities that impact negatively on your studies
- experience of a disrupted migrant passage to Australia
- a disability or medical condition that impacts upon your studies
- experience of severely disrupted schooling due to relocation
- being in a care situation or a ward of the state or other circumstances that might have disadvantaged you.
Opening new doors
Hear our Fairway students describe what they love about the program, its features and its benefits.