Broadway UWA is designed to ensure access to our courses is available to the broadest range of students with the potential to succeed at university.
The Broadway scheme allows eligible students from a Broadway-identified Western Australian school to receive an automated ATAR adjustment if the school at which they completed their final WACE examinations:
- is identified as a Broadway school in their year of application or
- was identified as a Broadway school in the year the student completed their WACE.
Broadway UWA criteria
For admission to UWA in 2018 to 2020 (i.e. students completing Year 12 in 2017 to 2019), schools qualify under the revised Broadway program if they:
- are located in metropolitan Perth and have a three-year average ICSEA score at or below the WA median or
- are located in regional or remote Western Australia or
- are a 2018 Aspire UWA school or
- are a School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE).
Note: Participation in Broadway scheme is restricted to eligible Australian citizens, permanent residents, permanent humanitarian visa holders and New Zealand citizens.
An applicant is eligible for consideration as a Broadway Direct Pathway applicant if they have undertaken their entire Year 12 studies (WACE level with a minimum ATAR of 96) at a Broadway UWA School. For further information please refer to the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences' website.
ATAR adjustment categories
There are two main categories of adjustment for eligible students.