You can apply for alternative entry to an undergraduate degree course through UWay if your academic achievements have been adversely affected by certain disadvantages.
This applies to Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) or equivalent qualification students, including mature age WACE students or students with previous tertiary study who are:
- Australian citizens
- permanent residents of Australia
- New Zealand citizens or
- holders of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
UWay is available to students applying for any of our undergraduate courses. You are required to meet UWA's other admission requirements:
- fulfilling the requirements for the WA Certificate of Education (WACE) or equivalent school-leaving qualification (high school students only)
- English Language Competence and
- prerequisites for the preferred course.
For WACE students, the basis of the appeal would usually be outside the scope of an SCSA Sickness and Misadventure claim.