Indian School Certificate CISCE
The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) was established as a national examination board by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate. The Council conducts examinations for the Indian School Certificate.
The University of Western Australia welcomes applications from students who have completed the Indian School Certificate program. To be admitted to the University, you must:
- satisfy the University's English language competence requirement by satisfactory performance in one of the English subjects detailed in the table below
- achieve a sufficient number of points to be offered a place
- satisfy any prerequisite subject requirements for your chosen course and major
Minimum entry scores
Indian School Certificate students must meet equivalent entry standards to other applicants. The following table provides an overview of the points considered equivalent to various Australian Tertiary Admission Ranks.
|Indian School Certificate Points||ATAR equivalent|
- Applicants must have been awarded the Indian School Certificate issued by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination.
- Grades are reported as a percentage, with a pass mark of 40%.
The following table shows Indian School Certificate subject equivalents to WA Certificate of Education courses, which will satisfy course and major prerequisites.
|WA course||Indian School Certificate Equivalent||Acceptable Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Subjects|
|English/Literature||English; 60% or higher||Not applicable|
|Mathematics 2C/2D||Mathematics; 40% or higher||Mathematics (Class X); 65% or higher (only for 2012 entry onwards)|
|Mathematics 3A/3B||Mathematics; 40% or higher||Not applicable|
|Mathematics 3C/3D||Mathematics; 50% or higher||Not applicable|
|Mathematics: Specialist 3C/3D||Mathematics; 50% or higher||Not applicable|
|Chemistry 3A/3B||Chemistry; 50% or higher||Not applicable|
|Physics 3A/3B||Physics; 50% or higher||Not applicable|