STPM Examination Malaysia
The Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM – Malaysia Higher School Certificate) is run by the Malaysian Examination Council for public secondary schools in Malaysia.
The University of Western Australia welcomes applications from students who have completed the STPM program. To be admitted to the University, you must:
- satisfy the University's English language competence requirement by satisfactory performance in one of the English subjects detailed in the table below
- achieve a sufficient number of points to be offered a place
- satisfy any prerequisite subject requirements for your chosen course and major
Minimum entry scores
STPM students must meet equivalent entry standards to other applicants. The following table provides an overview of the points considered equivalent to various Australian Tertiary Admission Ranks.
|STPM points||ATAR equivalent|
- Points are assigned on the basis that at: A/A- = 5; B+ = 4; B = 3; B-/C+ = 2; C = 1.
- A minimum of two advanced-level subjects will be used in the calculation of the aggregate.
To satisfy course and major prerequisites, STPM subjects will require individual assessment for equivalents to WA Certificate of Education courses.