The UWA Experience
UWA Student Guild
The UWA Student Guild has a reputation for being one of the most active in Australia and organises countless activities including festivals, workshops, end-of-semester parties, networking and volunteering opportunities. It also runs the Guild Ball and the National Campus Band competition, and includes more than 140 clubs and societies. Find out how you can get involved by visiting the Guild Village.
UWA Sport provides high-quality sport, fitness and recreation facilities, services and programs to students, staff, graduates and the wider community. There will be a wide range of displays and activities on offer during Open Day, including:
- UWA Sport clubs and teams demonstrations
- interactive self-guided tour of the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
A one-stop shop for sport and recreation, UWA Sport provides wide range of social and competitive sports, fitness classes and recreation opportunities, so you are sure to find something that interests you.
Recreation and Fitness Centre
The UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre is the main hub for sporting activity on campus, from social sporting competitions to group fitness classes and state-of-the-art cardio, resistance and weight equipment. Memberships are available to UWA students, staff, alumni and the community. Drop in for a tour of the facilities and discover how we can make your time at UWA the best time of your life.
Student Athlete Development Program
UWA has a long history of and commitment to supporting athletes in pursuing sport at the highest level. The UWA Elite Athlete Program has been designed to support and facilitate elite and high-performing student athletes in balancing the demands of study and sport during their time at university. Drop by the Future Students Hub and James Oval Activity Hub to find out more.
The University libraries include six library buildings around the Perth and Nedlands campuses and a wide range of services to support UWA students. Visit the Reid Library ground floor, a brand new collaborative space for students to find a range of activities on offer throughout Open Day, including:
- robots, virtual reality and augmented reality demonstrations
- the Library Silent Disco on the Reid Library’s Fini Family Terrace with student and staff DJs
- presentations from UWA groups throughout the day
- fun and family-friendly wellbeing activities all day in our group study booths
- coffee or lunch on the Reid Library’s Fini Family Terrace, with specials available at the Quobba Gnarning café, located in Reid Library