Scholarships support the position of The University of Western Australia as one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities, the premier research institution in WA and the university of choice for a large number of higher degree by research students.
The purpose of UWA scholarships and awards is to ensure equity and access for all students and to reward and acknowledge excellence in our community. Indigenous students are encouraged to apply for the large number of scholarships available across a range of disciplines.
UWA has a range of postgraduate research scholarships available for students to undertake higher degrees by research, including Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA), and University Postgraduate Awards (UPA).
To be eligible to apply for domestic postgraduate scholarships, an applicant must be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen. UWA also offers a number of prestigious postgraduate research scholarships to outstanding students who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
- Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) and University Postgraduate Awards (UPA)
- Hackett Postgraduate Scholarships
- Forrest Research Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships
- The Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholarships
- Jean Rogerson Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Robert and Maude Gledden Postgraduate Scholarships